Filing a Personal Injury Claim Against the Government

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Personal Injury and other Personal Injury topics.

How do I file a personal injury claim against a government entity?

Filing a Personal Injury Claim Against the Government

There are times when the defendant in a personal injury case will be an entity of the government (state or federal). In this case, the guidelines for filing claims and the laws are different than if it was just a lawsuit against a private party. You will have from between 30 days to one year to file your claim against the government, depending on your location. The types of personal injuries that tend to fall in this area are accidents regarding government buildings, schools, school buses and also on roadways and streets. You will need to contact your city or county's attorney's office in order to find out the exact statute of limitations, or better yet, have your qualified personal injury lawyer do it for you.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Personal Injury Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Heidi Splete